Most likely! We’re happy to move your site so you can compare it with your current host. If you’re happy with the performance, we can help you choose a plan.
Oh, and did we mention that your site on Flywheel comes with more than just great speed? Uptime + status monitoring and awesome security come with most plans.
As a managed WordPress host, Funnelcloud is going to take care of a bunch of the technical nitty-gritty stuff, so you can get back to doing what you love and growing your business. Here are the main tenets of what makes up a true managed WordPress host like Funnelcloud:
- Managed caching and performance: We handle caching for you at the server level, using super fast servers to begin with, and even work individually with our customers to further optimize their sites for the best performance. No plugins needed!
- Managed security: We proactively scan and block malware and hacking attempts. We do all of this at the server level, without the need for any plugins or configuration on the part of the customer. And in the unlikely event that your site is hacked, we’ll fix it for you, free of charge.
- Managed software updates: We’ll work with you to make sure your site is always running the latest and greatest WordPress software.
- Expert WordPress support: Our team of WordPress experts goes above and beyond what nearly any other managed hosting company will help out with. From “hey, I need help, I have a serious problem!“, to “can you recommend a plugin for XYZ,” we’re here to help.
Those are the core pieces of what it means to be a truly managed WordPress hosting provider. If you have any questions, let us know!
There are a number of things that make Funnelcloud stand out from other companies in the WordPress hosting industry. Here’s a nice, long list:
- We ONLY host WordPress sites. We specialize in WordPress and it’s all we do, day in and day out. Our servers are tuned for WordPress, our support team is staffed with WordPress experts, and our resources are all WordPress-oriented.
- Free migrations, free SSL, free demo sites, free malware cleanup. Your Funnelcloud plan comes with a bunch of brilliant perks for the low, low price of zero cents.
- Our plans start at just $15. Other managed WordPress hosts start at two or three times that!
- We have a TON of workflow tools for you. Funnelcloud is so much more than a hosting company. From easy billing to collaboration tools, we have a suite of fantastic features that are designed to make your life easier.
- Dedicated resources. You aren’t sharing your server space with anyone else, leading to better performance and security.
- 99.99% uptime. It really, truly can’t get much better than that!
- Support. Our team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week via live chat. They’re all experts in the industry, so they can help with everything from an odd error to a recommendation for a plugin.
- A custom control panel. Instead of relying on clunky cPanel, we built our own beautiful, intuitive dashboard.
Need more? Check out our reviews section for a few extra reasons why people have chosen to host with us!
FunnelCloud is not a service for enterprises, and our pricing is down to earth for regular people.
Service Level Agreements are sexy words for big companies. Even though there are some valid cases where they make sense, most often they are nothing more than excuses for hefty prices.
Our downtime is very low and we have status pages set up for all our websites, even our own, so you can monitor and be aware of any issues. We even have a newsletter list so you can stay in the loop if anything goes south. Transparency is key.
We promise to deliver the best service we are capable of delivering and to continuously get better at it. We understand that may not be enough for some. In such cases, we recommend Pantheon or WPEngine.
No we do not. Sorta. Funnelcloud specializes only in WordPress and our servers are configured and tuned specifically for hosting WordPress sites. Additionally, the members of our support team are all experts at solving issues related to WordPress. We have many customers that use WordPress for all kinds of sites – from single-page websites to large and complex sites with thousands of pages and posts. That flexibility means that it’s great for sites of all shapes and sizes. That said, we love hearing from customers what platforms they like or want to experiment with. Let us know if there is some new CMS we need to be aware of. Currently, we do also support basic HTML sites but these are not on our global infrastructure and handled by much small hardware. The HTML only plan is called Nano. Rest assured though, your site will be hosted on Amazon and quite fast.
Funnelcloud is different from your traditional shared hosting company in that we only allow one installation of WordPress per plan.
Because we host sites individually, we’re able to provide each site on with all these great features:
- Managed speed and caching – No need to install and tinker with caching plugins to have a super fast site.
- Automatic backups and simple restores – Again, no need for extra plugins to make sure your important data is backed up.
- WordPress core updates – We do all the heavy lifting of WordPress updates for you, keeping your site always up-to-date.
- Malware scanning and cleanup – We ensure you never get that Malware call.
And so many more!
It is possible to run multiple sites on a single WordPress plan using a multisite installation. This is slightly more complicated as it requires you to set up and manage the Multisite yourself, but would technically allow for you to have multiple “sites” using a single installation of WordPress. Experience is required for this and we have plans set up for it as well. If you are dead set on doing a Multisite, drop us a note so we can work together on it.
We know how painful it can be to move a WordPress site from one server to another, and that’s why we help our customers migrate their sites – FOR FREE.
Simply fill out our secure migration request form with some details about your existing hosting, and we’ll get your site transferred and set up as a demo site under your Funnelcloud account. You can then review the site to see how everything performs and make sure everything is in place.
Free migrations are completed within 3 business days—typically less. We also offer expedited migrations, which are guaranteed within 8 business hours, for $49. Email us for more info.
NOTE: This time may vary based on the complexity and size of your site, and depending on how good (or bad) the previous host is.
If you’re curious, these are roughly the steps we perform to move your site and make sure everything is working great:
- Take a backup of your existing site
We take a backup either via WordPress or by pulling down the files via FTP.
- We create a demo site on your account
We then upload all of the files and database to that demo site.
- Search and replace
Search the database making sure to switch any old urls to the new one.
- Scan the site for malware
On request, we’ll be happy to run a scan so you can rest easy that the site is malware-free.
- Verify performance and appearance
We verify that the site is running properly and that everything appears to be in working order before passing it off.
- Transfer the site to you
We transfer ownership of the site to you and notify you that it’s ready to go.
Once the site is transferred to you, you simply pay for the site, point your DNS, and you’re live on Funnelcloud. Switching hosting companies has never been easier.
If you’d like to get started, simply fill out our secure migration request form and we’ll get started right way! (the form is still a work in progress, please email us or open a support ticket.)
- Take a backup of your existing site
One of the great things about Funnelcloud is that there is no need to share SFTP usernames and passwords with your clients or other people that collaborate on sites with you. Everyone on Funnelcloud logs into the SFTP server using their own personal username and password, and from there they have access to all of the sites that they own or are a collaborator on.
To access your site’s files via SFTP, configure your SFTP client using the following settings:
Mode SFTP (not regular FTP) Host sftp.wewillemailyoutheurl Port 22 Username Your Funnelcloud username (not your email address) Password Your Funnelcloud password
Some of this is still a work in progress, but rest assured we will give you all the access you need to work on your site.
Totally cool. It’s a work in progress and we are adding new questions and answers all the time.
If you have a question we have not covered, please don’t hesitate to drop us a note or even jump into our DMs. Ask whatever your heart longs to know. Maybe your question will become part of this page? Sick right?
Very good question astute website visitor. Let’s give you a peek behind the curtain.
Think of us as your local grocery store. When you want bananas you can’t pop down to your local banana store because you probably don’t have one. You probably buy them from the grocery store. That’s what Funnelcloud is.
Flywheel is the banana farm. They are the company that powers our backend and gives you such fantastic uptime and features.
It’s a beautiful partnership in that you get our outstanding prices and customer support and we provide to you the exceptional uptime and WordPress hosting you so desperately yearn for.
You might see a url or reference here and there from them so don’t be alarmed. It’s just like seeing a Chiquita banana sticker at the grocery store.